The following conference awards will be selected to recognize outstanding research works presented in IEEE NANOMED 2012.
- Best Conference Paper Award
- Best Student Paper Award
- Best Conference Poster Award
- Authors may nominate their original research work to enter the award competition during abstract submission.
- Papers with the General Chair, General Co-Chair, Program Chair, Program Co-Chairs, and Awards Committee Chair/Members on the authors list are NOT eligible for any of the awards.
- There is no exclusivity for the awards, i.e., it is possible that a paper is nominated as a finalist for multiple awards. Additionally, winning one of the awards does NOT exclude a paper from winning the other awards, i.e., it is possible that a paper to receive multiple awards.
- The Award Committee Members will be the judges of the awards, and will attend each presentation and evaluate each finalist’s performance according to the following evaluation criteria: the
significance, technical merits, originality, potential impact on the field, and clarity of presentation.
- The oral presentations of the finalist papers will be open to all conference attendees.
- The awards winners will be announced at the banquet of the conference.
Best Conference Paper Award
Eligibility: All accepted papers are eligible for the Best Conference Paper Award, provided that the research results presented have not been presented anywhere else at the time of abstract submission.
Best Student Paper Award
Eligibility: Any original research work can be considered for the Best Student Paper Award, provided that the first author is a student and primary developer of the ideas contained in the paper.
Note: If selected as a finalist for this award, the first author of the paper must request his/her advisor to submit the Best Student Paper Nomination Form directly to the Awards Committee
via email before the conference start date. Failure to do this will result in the removal of the paper from consideration of the Best Student Paper Award.
Best Conference Poster Award
Eligibility: All accepted poster presentation papers are eligible for the Best Conference Poster Award, provided that the research results presented have not been presented anywhere
else at the time of abstract submission.